Over the last few years, increasingly frustrated with traditional options, we wanted a more nuanced way of engaging teams. In talking to leaders in the sector about this challenge, they strongly recognized the challenge of the adversarial relationship with traditional agreements (between customers/vendors and internal teams). We all saw the need to align teams around delivery as partners facing the problem together.
Based on this guidance, we wanted to fully leverage the collaborative capabilities of Agile-Lean thinking and introduce conflict resolution service to support these agreements and relationships. We are an early stage company experimenting with these very powerful concepts and ideas. And we welcome partners in this endeavour, promising you huge value.
This is what IT leaders told us they need and are prepared to pay for:
- A collaborative alternative to fixed fee and time-based agreements
- Support for Incremental delivery — the ability to learn and adapt is a must
- Trust building process — partners are afraid of being taken advantage of
- Both partners need to be accountable for success as a shared commitment
- Service providers must commit to deliver (client)
- Lower risk to drive less cost (client)
- A straightforward process where earned value for deliverable based work is paid for regularly (service provider)
In response, we built an online platform, JANA, that supports:
- Leaders and Teams that want to incorporate the practice of "Being Accountable Together - BAT"
- Lean SD - Lean Service Delivery - this introduces operational excellence and continuous improvement around agile initiative
- Self-Serve Resolution Services - this provides a mechanism for parties to pursue a resolution themselves leveraging the interested based negotiation practice. It also offers support and guidance from neutrals, coaches and mediators. Thereby, enabling clients build a culture of resolution.
Passionate about changing how we team up to deliver time-based work and resolve issues together
Responsibility: Business Success
Background: IT services – 20yrs as a vendor – 10yrs as a customer - “made-it-happen” through strong team problem-resolution practices. Executive & agile leader - major programs–up to $30M. Bootstrapped JANA. Agility Coach & Qualified mediator.
Passionate about moving society to more meaningful & resourceful ways of communicating
Responsibility: Connecting People: Creation of enabling tools that deliver transformative impact for collaborating partners, individuals and teams toward meaningful and effective agreements; To bring deeper understanding of humans and their passions, struggles, insights, creativity and resilience.
Background: Mediator, facilitator, conflict coach and trainer to mediators, Team lead of multiple agencies in a corporate environment. 20 yrs across a strong mix of disciplines. QMed (Qualified Mediator), ADR Institute Ontario; AccFM (Accredited Family Mediator), OAFM.
Passionate about user experience and building great products
Responsibility: Product and Operations
Background: 20 yrs in tech startups with multiple exits
Passionate about technical leadership, challenging work as an Enterprise or hands-on Application Architect; Open-Source, high performance middleware systems and Blockchain development
Responsibility: Product Architect & Technical Delivery
Background: 20yr - full stack developer and architect. Succeeded in transaction-intense middleware environments. Developed Escrow Dapp-Ethereum. MSc : Arabic English Hindi